- Meet Our Team
- Our team is committed to educating our clients on how to keep their pets healthy year round.
Queenstown Vet partners with Paws and Possibilities to provide weekly training classes to get your puppy off on the right paw to becoming good canine citizens and to correct the behaviors of adult dogs. Every age is the right age to help your dog be the best friend you ever had!
Puppy Socialization Classes (Up to 6 months old)
$15 per class or $60 for 5 classes
Puppies learn all the time, from everything around them so let's make sure they learn to socialize well! The first few weeks can make a huge difference in your puppy's training and socialization.
There is a critical window from 8-14 weeks for socialization. This important time in a puppy's life can help shape how they will be as adults in dealing with new people, places, meeting dogs, and handling new experiences.
Puppy Socialization is an unstructured opportunity for your puppy to play with other puppies. There is a trainer available to help the puppies socialize appropriately and to answer questions for you! This is great preparation for group training classes and many people choose to do both classes at once.
Puppies must be vet checked for wellness prior to the session and have a recent negative fecal with proof of results. Puppies do not need to have received all of their shots to attend. They simply need to be under a vet's care.
Group Training Classes (for every age)
$240 for 6 classes
We will cover all the basics in these classes, and then some. Obedience dog training for sit, stay, and down will be the easy part.
We cover all the hard things, too:
- Come when you call, really.
- Stop jumping, barking, mouthing, and more.
- Walk calmly on the leash, no matter what distractions there are.
During class you will learn critical information about dog communication and how important it is for you to be the one in charge. We teach you simple yet highly effective exercises resulting in dramatic shifts in your dog's behavior. It goes without saying that you will improve your skills and confidence as a handler.
And the best part of all? You get to:
- Create the relationship with your dog you have always dreamed of having.
- Have a well mannered dog wherever you go.
- Own a dog you are proud of, not embarrassed by.
- These aren't like any other group dog training classes.
- How are these classes unique?
- You receive personalized attention and tips to resolve your dog's behavioral problems.
- You can begin right away, as long as long as there is space in the class.
Each class is structured around the needs of your dog. Rather than following a pre-set curriculum, we give you exactly what you need each week to make progress.
People who join our group classes get results, often for the first time ever. Simple exercises, easy to understand explanations, and perfect analogies make progress inevitable. Bring your sense of humor and your willingness to do homework.
Dogs must have current Distemper, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccines. Please bring vet records with you to your first session.